Athlete of the Issue: Sam Goldman

Goldmans clean form is a clear indication of his offensive prowess on the court. / Picture published with permission from Sam Goldman.

Goldman’s clean form is a clear indication of his offensive prowess on the court. / Picture published with permission from Sam Goldman.

Sam Goldman is a four-year member of the Hart boys’ basketball team. Goldman has been on the varsity team for two years and has been playing basketball since he was about five. Due to his dedication and work ethic, he has been a key part of Hart’s success the last four years especially on offensive. 

Both freshman and sophomore year Goldman was awarded the best offensive player. He also earned Most Valuable Player in a previous tournament and an all-tournament team award. Although he has not had the senior year he had envisioned, he has still been maintaining his basketball skills despite COVID-19.

“During covid, I have been playing at parks a lot and doing some tournaments with my travel team,” Goldman said.

Goldman is hoping to have a senior season and to create more memories alongside his basketball teammates. He is also eager for a season to continue to grow as a player and improve his skills. Goldman considers his strengths to be shooting, dribbling, finding open teammates and driving to the basket. However if lucky enough to play this season, he plans on working on being more vocal.

“My favorite basketball memory at Hart is basketball camp freshman year and meeting all of my teammates who would later become my friends during high school,” said Goldman. 

Goldman emphasizes that his favorite part about basketball is competing with his teammates and the friendships that he has created on and off the court.

“The thing I will miss most about my team is the bus rides home from a win. We always had a great time and there was always a lot of energy,” Goldman said. 

As well as being a dedicated athlete, Goldman is also a dedicated student. He enjoys taking challenging honors classes at Hart, as well as maintaining a high enough grade point average to be in the National Honor Society and California Scholastic Federation. Goldman’s goal is to continue to play basketball in college.

“Currently I have 3 offers and I’m trying to decide which school is the best fit for me. I’m not sure what I want to major in yet but I’m interested in architecture,” said Goldman. 

Sam Goldman will be missed truly by his Hart basketball family once he graduates.

“Sam is a great teammate. He’s always encouraging and makes you laugh. Being around him makes you more motivated to play and you just have a good fun time,” said teammate Kristan Greene.