Softball Swinging Their Season

In the middle of the softball season, Hart’s girls varsity softball team has had a great comeback this season with a record of 11-6 overall and 3-4 for league.

In the upcoming weeks the team is set to face off against Golden Valley again this season, as well as both Quartz Hill and Agoura on April 13. The rest of their games after Quartz Hill and Agoura are league games.

The start of their season was not the best as they could’ve hoped as it had a few heartbreaking losses, however they have been able to turn that around with lots of incredible wins moving forward. 

“I think we started kind of rough but I think that we’re kinda getting into the groove and getting it together,” said Nia Melendez, one of the two freshmen on the varsity team.

The main reason for this comeback that they have had was due to the improvement of their team dynamic, an important aspect that is needed for any sports team. 

“As a team we started to find each other’s weaknesses and strengths, so we are really capitalizing on them. We are also really meshing as a team, if one person gets out we know the next person has their back, or that if someone makes an error we know that the fielders can have their back,” Melendez said. 

Looking back at their season so far, many players have said their favorite game they have played this season was against West Ranch.

“It was really exciting how we came back from that and it really felt like it was the start of our athletic comeback” said Melendez.

While the season is nowhere close to over, as they have games for the entirety of April, Hart’s varsity softball team is more than prepared and ready to give it their all for all of the games they have coming up.