NFL Trades

The 2023 NFL season just came to an end with Super Bowl 58, the first day of the new season is March 13th 2024 which means NFL teams can start trading players again. Teams are trading players from other teams and getting players off of the waivers or signing free agents over the 2024 offseason. 

The NFL trade deadline for the 2023 season was at Four p.m. on Tuesday Oct 31, so since then teams haven’t been able to trade players but now that it’s the new 2024 season teams are able to trade players from other teams to get ready for the 2024 season. 

Another way that teams are taking advantage of to get new players is through free agents or players whose contracts have ended and are looking for a new team to play for. One of the biggest free agent signings this offseason is the Atlanta Falcons signing Kirk Cousins with a four year $180 million dollar contract with a $50 million dollar signing bonus which is huge and should really help the Falcons in the 2024 season and also puts him in the top highest paid NFL players at $45 million dollars a year. 

Teams are also trading players with other teams some of the bigger trades in the early 2024 season are Quarterback Justin Fields being traded to the steelers from the Bears, Guard Robert Hunt being traded to the Panthers from the Dolphins and defensive tackle Maliek Collins being traded to the 49ers from the Titans.

As it gets closer to the draft teams are not spending as much time and money trading players since most of the big name players have been traded, but teams are mainly now focusing on the draft and drafting the best team they can with the money that they have.