Softball starts off strong

Hart Softball has begun their season. Their first official game was at home against Royal High School February 9. The varsity team won their game against Royal with a score of 2-1. 

Beginning their season with a win represents a time of excitement for varsity softball. 

“I’m really excited to get to know my teammates better. Our team looks super good this year. I think we have a good shot at winning League,” said Sadie Curtis, a sophomore on Hart’s varsity softball team. 

Softball competed February 16 in a scrimmage against Moorpark High School, and this was an away game. Curtis and other members of the varsity softball team highly anticipated this scrimmage, saying that Moorpark High School has a skilled varsity team. Hart lost the game 4-0. 

February 18, shortly following Hart’s game against Moorpark, Hart competed against Camarillo High School and El Camino High School in their Hart Tournament at Central Park. Hart lost against Camarillo High School with a score of 2-3, but was victorious against El Camino High School with a final score of 7-3. 

After almost two weeks of not being able to compete due to the recent storms, Hart Varsity Softball competed in a one-on-one match against El Camino High School, who Hart originally competed against in the Hart Tournament. Hart won against El Camino High School for the second time with a score of 9-3. 

The Simi Valley tournament, which was initially scheduled for February 25 but took place March 4, was Hart Softball’s most recent game as of March 8. Hart beat Rio Mesa High School with a score of 3-2. Hart also won their second game of the night with a score of 4-3 against Agoura High School.