Reflecting on the past four years

When I walked onto Hart’s campus four years ago, graduation seemed like a distant dream. I had four long years to think about what I wanted to do with my life and where I wanted to go to college. However, what people don’t tell you is that those four years aren’t long at all and that you won’t be 100% positive about what career path you want to take.

Everybody loves to talk about the negative aspects of high school: the late nights studying, the loads of homework due the following day, and the stress of exams. However, nobody discusses the growth they’ve experienced over these four years. I entered high school shy and quiet, knowing absolutely nobody and having to make friends from scratch. As a senior, I’ve never felt more confident and have made many, incredible friends. While it’s always fun to talk about the negatives, you have to appreciate your growth and accomplishments.

My advice for all non-graduating classes is to enjoy high school as much as possible. I never realized how much I took for granted in school, and before I know it, I’ll be walking on the steps of my university. Remember, no matter how much you will complain about going to school, you will miss the memories you’ve made.

Thank you, Hart, for everything you have done to further my education. Thank you for allowing me to make great friends and participate in amazing experiences.

While this isn’t a goodbye, I will miss you.