Pre-Prom Predictions

With Hart’s prom quickly approaching, the juniors and seniors of Hart’s student body are hastily preparing for what will be a night to remember. 

With styles and trends constantly changing, this year’s prom trends showcase a new passion for strapless, silk and most of all, Easter-inspired gowns.

The term “Easter dress” made its TikTok debut at the onset of prom season, a term that describes prom dresses with floral patterns, ruffles, pastels and the like. The trend has gained much popularity across the internet, including with the students here at Hart. 

“I heard about the Easter dress trend on TikTok, and I think it’s super cute. Even though it gets a lot of hate, I think it’s a nice spin on the normal prom dress,” said junior Alyssa Embleton.

It’s more than likely that many of these florals will be seen at prom this year, as many junior and senior girls like Embleton show their love for this 2024 trend.

“I think [my dress] would be considered an Easter dress, and I chose it because it was more my style than most of the traditional prom dresses. I also just thought it was really pretty when I first saw it and could see myself wearing it,” said junior Gianna Patti.

With only a couple more days left before the big day—April 20 at the Ronald Reagan Library—make sure to keep an eye out for this blooming prom dress trend!