Newhall’s new favorite Cantonese restaurant

Located at 23120 Lyons Ave, #6, One Bite Dumpling is a Chinese Dim Sum restaurant that is popular for its traditional Cantonese dishes, cozy atmosphere and quick service. This establishment first opened its doors to the public in May 2021. Furthermore, by August 2021, One Bite Dumpling was dubbed the “Best Restaurant of 2021” by the Santa Clarita Valley Signal. 

When you first walk into the establishment, you are greeted by the friendly staff and directed towards a sign-in sheet. Customers are expected to write down their name, phone number, as well as number of people they are dining with. Depending on the time of day you visit, you will either immediately be given a table, or have to wait for your name to be called off of the sheet if the restaurant is full. 

Once at a table, you do not have to wait for a waiter to take your order, instead, customers are required to scan the QR code located on their designated table and order through the online menu. Additionally, if you have any questions or trouble with the online menu, there are staff-call buttons on each table next to the QR code, a staff member will come to assist you when you press the button. 

The menu ranges from stir fried noodles to savory chicken dishes and to, of course, steamed dumplings. Located next to a few tables there is a clear screen so that customers are able to see the chefs prepare these dumplings. The meat filling is gently placed into the center of the dough, one dumpling at a time, the dough is then wrapped firmly and placed into a steamer to be cooked. 

The variety of Cantonese dishes and traditional flavors offered at One Bite Dumpling are sure to leave a lasting impression.