A final word to Hart High School

From the moment I first stepped onto the Hart High campus, I was so anxious to be an upperclassman. I dreamed of walking across the stage and receiving my diploma and making my parents proud. I couldn’t wait for my last day of high school or for the last football game of my cheerleading career. From such a young age watching my siblings grow up I could not wait for that to be me. So as I emotionally prepare myself to walk across that stage next week, move my tassel and say goodbye to adolescence and hello to adulthood, for the first time in my whole life I could be a kid just a little bit longer. At the young age of six years old I dreamed of being a Hart High student just like my siblings and although my journey has been nothing like High School Musical sadly, it has definitely been exactly what I needed. 

Over the past four years I have grown more than I could have ever imagined. I have lost people and gained others along their way, I took time to reflect on the person who I wanna be and the impact I want to make on others lives, I have studied and studied and studied a little more but most of all I have changed for the better. But there are a few people I could not imagine getting through high school without. 

To my parents thank you for never missing a cheer competition and for reminding me to stay academically focused but especially for encouraging me to be my very best and being there for during the not so great times, I love you guys so much. 

To my siblings, thank you for inspiring me and helping me with homework if I ever needed it and offering advice and making me laugh. I will miss you guys like crazy. 

To my best friends, thank you for reminding me to live in the moment and always being people I can count on, I would never trade our memories for anything. 

To all my teachers, special shoutout to Ms. Gibbs, Mrs. Krusey, Mr. Koebel, Mrs. Mitch, Mrs. Mohsen and Ms. G thank you for seeing potential in me and always making yourselves available for extra help or just believing in me even when I didn’t quite believe in myself. I loved having the opportunity to take your class and I will never forget all that you have taught me. 

To my coaches, I hope you realize how much of an impact you have made on me. To my teammates, thank you for all being like sisters to me, I can’t wait to see what you accomplish and I hope we all stay in touch. Thank you for allowing me to be my crazy self at practice and for being just as crazy with me, I can’t imagine who I would be without you guys and the Hart Cheer program. 

To the Hart journalism staff, thank you for giving me the chance to help lead you and giving me a platform to share what I am passionate about. 

But most importantly thank you Hart High School for making me who I am today. 

Stay Classy Hart, 

Bella Sandoval