Piece of Hart: Would you visit the past or the future?

If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? This is a question that often crosses people’s minds, and The Smoke Signal was curious to hear what Hart students had to say. Staff writer Javier Valencia asked a student from each grade at Hart High School what they would choose. 

“I would go to the past so I can fix all of my life’s mistakes. That way I could get better grades and maintain relationships I have not maintained,” said freshman Jhonen Lopez.

“I would rather visit the future because I want to know what the world will be like. Based off of what we have experienced in 2020 I want to know if there are worse things coming that are going to happen to us. That way we can prepare and possibly prevent a situation that could cause devastation,” said junior Aubrey Privett. 

“Probably the future because I really want to see where I end up and if I met all of my goals,” said sophomore Olivia Hasper.

“Honestly, I would rather visit the future because I want to see what’s ahead for me. I want to see how my life is going to be and what I’m going to do with my life when it gets to that point. Also I’ve always wondered how I’m going to live my life in the future and what it holds for me,” said senior Bri De La Maza.