Inside Newhall’s small business Form + Content

Form + Content, nestled in the heart of the Old town Newhall, is a charming boutique owned by Erica Munson. Form + Content is known for its whimsical curation of clothing, candles, jewelry, and purses. 

First conceptualized in 2020, the idea of this store sparked and was inspired from a store back when Munson was living in Oregon. 

“My favorite thing by far is the customers that come in. We very quickly established relationships with many and have become close with many different shops and owners” said Munson. 

The small family-like aspect created from the opening of this store allows for lots of support and involvement in the community. Eventually, Munson would like to expand the brand, opening one in her hometown.  

Munson states, “We really try to have mindful products, meaning we are thinking about where they are coming from and where they are going.” 

Apart from all other boutiques, Form + Content strives to buy locally, sourcing most of their jewelry in the U.S. and their assortment of candles from local vendors in California.

Some of Form + Content’s products are made in a zero waste facility up in North America in which packaging is all reused and plastic is biodegradable. 

Not to mention, the store offers a variety of different clothing which is a perfect balance of cute and comfortable. A personal favorite of mine is the crew neck with a smiley face on it. It’s the perfect addition to any outfit. 

“A goal of mine is to be secure enough so that I can give back. I want to be able to have enough income that I can either fund and put money back into the community.” 

When strolling through Main Street, make sure to pop in at Form + Content to purchase any of the amazing quality products or items which make the store uniquely its own.