Crochet Club makes cute crochations

Crochet Club is the newest club at Hart High School. President Sophie Adelini, who has been crocheting since December of 2022, says that she began the Crochet Club because originally, she just had the thought that it could be a fun learning opportunity for students. As soon as she mentioned it to some of her friends who have crocheted before, along with friends who have had no experience, Adelini quickly realized that lots of students would be interested in joining the club.

“I think if this club opens up more it will allow more people to express their artistic side,” said Adelini. 

A regular day in the Crochet Club consists of members grabbing crochet hooks and other materials they may need. Afterwards, everyone is seated and Adelini presents what project they will be working on. Officers begin all meetings with presenting videos of what members will be learning about.  The club is super diverse with people from all different skill levels and experience. Officers also consistently go around the room helping members who need assistance. 

“I enjoy the people there. They are really sweet and help you when you’re stuck, which is really helpful,” Samantha Ruelas, a freshman at Hart and a Crochet Club member, said. 

Overall the Crochet Club is a super fun and welcoming place to all students of any skill level and are able to join at any time. 

“I enjoy the environment- everyones really nice, open and talkative and if I don’t understand something then the other members who know how to do it will help me including the president, Sophie.” Aryana Tovmasyan, a junior in the Crochet Club, said.