Neighbarista- a Hart High favorite.

Sandwiched between Wayman Street and Lyons Avenue lies a small restaurant full of bustling families and laughing customers.  As soon as customers walk in, they are greeted with lots of smiles and an eagerness to help. This restaurant is the Neighbarista, a Hart High family-owned restaurant bringing smiles to the community since September 2019. 

As soon as I walked in the restaurant, I was greeted with a sense of home and family. There was soft music playing throughout the restaurant, the chatter and laughter was almost loud enough to make the music unhearable.  There are old friends reconnecting, friends getting breakfast and families bonding together.

“We wanted to transport you from whatever mood or element you were in, back home,” said Neighbarista Owner, Kim Nowinski. 

The Neighbraista really does feel like a home. The employees are kind, inclusive, inviting and have lots of meaningful conversations with the customers while still getting everything out in a timely manner.  All of the fellow customers also help make it feel more like a home.  Seeing everyone be included and having a good time makes you also want to have a good time. 

“We really try to embrace everybody, it doesn’t matter ethnicity, or religious background. It’s just a very safe haven for the entire community.” Nowinski said.

Open from 8AM to 2PM, Tuesday to Sunday, from pork belly eggs benedict to chicken and waffles, the Neighbarista has food for everyone – including the picky ones! The Neighbarista has a wide variety of delicious breakfast and lunch options for anyone’s perfect meal.