Excitement grows as winter formal approaches

Here at Hart High School, the whole student body is buzzing with excitement—winter formal is just around the corner. The winter formal is a festive event where students of all grades come together to celebrate the first real school dance.

“[We are] trying to advertise as much as possible so we get enough ticket sales,” said sophomore class president Brooklyn Frattali when asked how ASB prepared for the big day. Along with this, she also mentioned picking out the sashes and crowns for the formal court and getting into contact with outside contractors about the colors and decorations needed. 

This year’s theme, “Once Upon a Time,” was chosen by Frattali because she wanted to try something new to Hart but familiar to the student body through TV shows and movies. The color scheme is going to be blue, white and gold to bring a whimsical feeling and fun pop of color to the scene. 

Winter formal will be taking place January 27 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the small gym. The attire is business casual to dressy. Some students say this winter formal is shaping up to be better than ever before.