ISIS claims Moscow terrorist attack

On March 24, 2024, Moscow’s Crocus City Hall was attacked by terrorists, with over 140 people killed in the attack. This was the deadliest attack on Russian soil in over two decades, when gunmen attacked Moscow’s Crocus City Hall during a concert by shooting civilians with weapons and then setting the building on fire, causing the building to collapse with people inside. Russia is still trying to figure out who really caused the attacks.

“ISIS claimed responsibility for Friday’s deadly assault on a concert venue in Moscow,” said CNN’s Jessie Yeung. On that Friday, four gunmen entered the City hall and attacked the concert that was taking place,hurting hundreds of people. Countries all over the world are sending their condolences to the devastating attack in Moscow. 

“Chinese leader XI Jinping offered his condolences to Putin on Saturday over the serious terrorist attack that caused heavy casualties” said CNN’s Mariya Knight, Anna Chernova and Darya Tarasova. Russia and countries all over the world are sending their condolences and condemning the attack and are not taking this lightly. They are all trying to figure out who did this and why they attacked. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, but Putin thinks that the attacks are somehow linked with Ukraine. 

“But he also insisted that the attackers were linked to the Ukrainian government,” said Graeme Baker and Robert Greenall, BBC News. Russia is still trying to figure out who really committed the attacks by putting the attackers on trial in court to bring justice to what happened and to all the people who were killed or injured in the attack.