Hart in a Beat: End of the Year

What’s going on at Hart High School, you may ask? As the school year winds down, ending the month of March and entering into April, students and teachers are beginning to review for their finals and AP tests. Whether students are taking an AP class or not, it is obvious there is a certain new flair in the air as we as students become more and more excited about summer. Especially for the seniors, the end of the year goes so fast, so what else was there to look forward to in the last weeks of this school year at Hart? 

From April 15 through April 19, all students were affected by a new schedule in light of the annual state testing, CAASPP. Students prepared their ears for the glorious sound of the CAASPP audio testing bells every morning for a week, except for seniors, who enjoyed almost three extra hours of sleep or time to go grab a coffee with friends. Around 10 a.m., all students returned to campus for a reverse minimum day schedule. Classes were about 30 minutes long and most people had to stay for a 40-minute lunch. The Smoke Signal hopes students enjoyed this once-a-year week of weird schedules and tricking bodies into thinking they had a whole new class schedule! 

Only less than 10 weeks of school left, Hart! Soak it all in, summer is just around the corner!