Hart hosts the annual Club Rush, introducing many new clubs

As the first few weeks of school end, clubs are starting back up and searching for members within the school’s campus. During Brunch on Tuesday August 29, Hart held its annual Club Rush. Some clubs that had booths during the event were College Advisory Club, Book Club, Hart for the Homeless, Pokémon Go Club, Comic Book Club, Model UN Club and Video Game Club. All clubs are made with a goal in mind.

“Our primary goal of the club is to help juniors and seniors get more comfortable with applying to colleges and get the message out there to apply for college,” said the College Advisory club president.

Joining this club is highly recommended for juniors and seniors who are interested or confident about going to college and universities. Freshmen and sophomores are welcomed as well, but it is mainly focused for seniors and juniors as they are the closest to graduations. 

“Hart for the Homeless is a donation based club aimed at serving the homeless population here at Hart and the Santa Clarita Valley and maybe even LA,” said the Hart for the Homeless president.

They take any forms of donations of any size, there is no such thing as too little or too much. This is highly recommended to those who like to be active in their community.

“Our goal of our club is to get everyone excited about reading, and we wish to continue it next year,” said the Book Club vice president. It

Joining this club is a great opportunity to meet people who are also interested in books, get back into reading and possibly find new genres people are interested in.

“Our goal is to promote teamwork and friendship through Pokémon Go, and bonding between people,” said the Pokémon Go club president.

This club incorporates a popular AR game into strategy, teamwork and planning. This also gets new players into the game and meeting those who are just as passionate about the game as others.

“The goal of Model UN Club is to teach people about different countries and a lot of it is consequences to your actions, but it’s a fun place to be and do fun stuff like being a country,” said the Model UN Club president.

While it is for fun, you also use statistical skills and planning skills as you need to care for your “country.”

Hart’s Club Rush is a good opportunity to find clubs that are interesting and also fun. It is highly recommended to attend over the next few years, either for those looking for a club or those with a club.