Biden begins campaign with ads centered on abortion

President Joe Biden has begun his own reelection campaign advertisement. He has achieved this by releasing an ad titled, “These Guys”, which discusses the topic of abortion by saying that laws concerning Roe v. Wade should not be chosen by conservative and pro-life men. The commercial will run for two weeks, broadcasted on television in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. 

“Reproductive health care decisions are among the most personal a woman will ever make. They are choices that should be made between you and your doctor. And, the last people who should be involved are these guys,” the ad said. 

The end of the ad closes with a photo of the former president, Donald Trump, and reads, “As long as they are in office, decisions about your body will be made by you, not by them.” 

President Biden also has been said to be campaigning more in the months ahead, addressing issues he and Vice President Kamala Harris are passionate about, including: the economy, abortion rights and handling gun violence laws. 

Although Harris has frequently taken a defensive stance, she is concentrating on not making mistakes rather than searching for openings to attack. Biden and Harris continue to promote stronger regulation of guns, LGBTQ+ rights, African American rights, abortion rights and more as they begin their reelection campaign.