Hart band marches out of season

Though Hart band wrapped up their competition season several weeks ago, the program still maintains a vibrant performance life in the school and district. 

Ensembles are now split between jazz band, wind ensemble and percussion as there is no more competition marching band. There was also a district-wide honor band: auditions were held January 19. Several members of the Hart band made it in and attended four rehearsals before their big concert March 2. 

Also in March was the Rich Musical Heritage Concert, featuring Placerita band. March 19, the middle school ensembles performed first, followed by the Hart wind ensemble. Videos of this exceptional event can still be found on the Hart Regiment Instagram, @hartregiment.

This concert lineup is set to reprise itself at band’s Spring Concert May 16. This will be band’s last performance of the year. Hart students and those in attendance can send off the seniors and have one last chance to see this year’s program before it resets for the 2024-2025 school year.

Before that, however, band has another concert coming up very soon: the percussion concert May 2. Jazz band will join the percussion ensemble in a unique display of the program’s more specialized groups.

If students are interested in becoming part of the award-winning Hart band for the upcoming school year, they should contact their counselor or the director Mr. Bailey for more information on how to enroll. Good luck to all those auditioning!