When One Sport Ends, Another Begins

February 11 marked the end of the 2023-2024 NFL season with returning champions the  Kansas City Chiefs taking on the San Francisco 49ers in this year’s Super Bowl 58. The Kansas City Chiefs won defeating the San Francisco 49ers with a score of 25-22, taking home the Vince Lambardi trophy for the second year in a row. 

Both teams put up a great fight, forcing the game into a nail-biting overtime. Brock Purdy and the 49ers scored first in overtime, putting themselves up 22-19. However, Patrick Mahomes led his team to victory completing a touchdown pass to Hartman, causing the Chiefs to win Super Bowl 58. 

With the end of the NFL season, the 2024 MLB season is set to begin spring training  begun on February 22. Few players are still left as free agents, hoping to sign soon with a team to continue their career and begin training for the upcoming season. 

As of February 27, Kike Hernandez has signed for another year with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He signed a one year, 4 million dollar contract. Cubs outfielder and first basemen, Cody Bellinger has also re-signed with the Chicago Cubs for a three year, 80 million dollar deal. Padre’s Pitcher Blake Snell still is on the market, his main contender is the New York Yankees. Former MVP and Los Angeles Angels pitcher and designated hitter, debuted in spring training for the Los Angeles Dodgers hitting his first homerun. This made for a pretty stellar debut. 

With one sport ending, another one begins. Opening Day of the 2024 official season will be March 28, kicking off for another great year of Major League Baseball.