Looking Back at the Girls’ Basketball Season

This past season, Hart’s girls varsity basketball team won the Foothill League championship with a record of 12-0, going undefeated. They won the league before the final league game against Canyon, where Hart won 65-48.  Following their success in the league they moved onto the CIF championships facing off against Harvard Westlake at home February 8. Hart lost after playing an incredible game with a heartbreaking final score of 63-67.

JV also had a great season with a league record of 6-5. They ended their season with a tough loss to Canyon February 2. Players on the team were proud of the work they put in even if they had a few low points in the season. 

“I think it was okay, the way we played was a little bit inconsistent with whether we played well that day, but overall I think we did pretty good,” said JV guard Oliva Eav about the junior varsity’s 23-24 season. 

While JV didn’t have an undefeated season like their varsity counterparts, they still had great highlights throughout the season, such as their second West Ranch game when they won in overtime after Evie Backstrom scored a buzzer beater. 

All of the girl’s basketball teams are starting to prepare for their next season hoping to do even better than this past season and fix things that needed improvement. 

“Right now we are taking a break to recover from the season and then we are just going to get right back into practice,” Eav said. 

Overall girl’s basketball had a great season all around, from being undefeated in the league and winning the championship before the season even ended to JV having an incredible game with a game-winning shot in overtime.