Boys Basketball Season Overview

February 2, the Hart boys varsity basketball team wrapped up their season and the playoffs with their last game in the postseason against El Dorado. Their last game was in the first round of CIF, where they lost 57-45 against El Dorado at El Dorado to end the playoffs.

According to Coach Kelly, in the beginning of the season they played really well without injuries or problems and won their way to the top and all the way to CIF. 

Senior point guard and team captain, Joseph Montes said that the goal was to make it to the playoffs and they accomplished that and made it to the postseason. However, closer towards the end of the season they experienced some injuries that really hurt the team which caused them not to play to their full potential and caused them the loss in CIF. 

“We had a successful season, making it to the playoffs was the goal, but it [is a bummer] for our senior year basketball season to be over, but that’s what it is at the end of the day,” said Montes.

The goal of the team was to make it to the playoffs, and they won their way through the regular season to playoffs and all the way to CIF. However, the players suffered some injuries in the postseason which is when their season ended from their loss to El Dorado to finish off the postseason.

“We had a good season, less about the outcome and more on the experience. We always had fun bus rides and enjoyed all the time we spent with each other,” said senior captain and point guard, Devon Strong.

Coach Kelly says that they played their hearts out all season and just came a little short at the end. They finished the season with an overall score of 14-14 and a league score of 4-8 with a place of 6th in the foothill league. Kelly says they are ready to come back next season and win their way back to the top and win CIF next year.