Reflecting on the 2023-2024 Hart Girls’ Basketball Season

The Hart Girls Basketball team has had a very exciting season. This was their first season as a Division 1 team, and they made it to the second round of CIFs. What were the necessary goals the team had to achieve to reach this milestone? 

The Hart Girls Basketball team went on an undefeated winning streak leading up to their game at Rolling Hills Prep January 29. The scores of the Hart vs. Rolling Hills Prep game ended with a win for Hart 69-54.

The previous game on January 26 against Castaic was also a huge success for the Hart Girls Basketball team, with a final score of 72-10. Further stats include 19 assists as well as a total of 42 rebounds made. 

Additionally, the past several games also resulted in victories for the Hart Girls Basketball team. A specific game that caught the attention of many was the game against Golden Valley High School on January 19. The Hart Varsity Girls’ team won with a final score of 68-18 against the Grizzlies. This victory was the result of several hard working members of the team.

A star player of this game would be Morgan Mack, who scored a total of 18 points out of 68 for her team. She also made five rebounds and had four steals. Additionally, Andrea Aina, with a personal score of 16 points, greatly contributed to the team’s overall score. This was Aina’s seventh game in a row where she had earned over 15 points for her team. 

Other games from their season include the ones on Tuesday, January 30 against West Ranch, at West Ranch High School, as well as Friday, February 2 against Canyon High School at Hart. 

The score from the Hart vs. West Ranch game were released, resulting in yet another victory for the Hart Varsity Girls’ Basketball team. With a final score of 53 points, Hart defeated West Ranch High School, who scored 19 points.