Jason Kelce Reaches “New Heights” Post- Retirement

There has been speculation of Jason Kelce’s retirement from the NFL following an impressive 13 year career with the Philadelphia Eagles. Kelce’s football career began at the University of Cincinnati in 2007 as a center and continued in that position for the rest of his career. Kelce was drafted in 2011 by Eagles head coach Andy Reid as a center. 

Despite the NFL’s confirmation of his retirement on his podcast, Kelce addressed the retirement speculation. 

“I didn’t announce what I was doing on purpose despite, I guess, what’s been leaked to the media. I’m not trying to be dramatic and draw this thing out. I’m really not. It’s just something that I think you know when it’s time to officially announce… what’s happening in the future, it’ll be done in a way that’s definitive and pays respect to a lot of people.” 

Kelce is well known for his podcast “New Heights” with his brother, Travis Kelce, who is also known for his impressive football career. Jason and Travis have become well known in the NFL for being the first brothers in NFL history to face each other in the Super Bowl in 2023. Last year at this time Kelce was debating retiring but eventually wanted to stay another year to try and make it to the Super Bowl one last time. Sadly, the Eagles lost the first playoff game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 9-32.