Athlete Of The Issue Morgan Dumlao

Morgan Dumlao is a senior this year at Hart High School, and has already left her mark on Hart Girls Volleyball history.

Dumlao has been playing volleyball for six years and counting, having begun to play club volleyball at the age of 11.

Entering into her high school volleyball career at West Ranch, she spent the first quarter of her freshman year with the Wildcats before her club coach convinced Dumlao to transfer to Hart.

“I’m so glad [my coach] convinced me to transfer to Hart- it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. If I hadn’t transferred, I would’ve never met my best friends on my team or made such lifelong memories,” said Dumlao.

Dumlao is the setter for the Hart girls varsity volleyball team and has been playing at the varsity level for all four years of high school. She is an exceptionally talented athlete and has been a very large contributor to her volleyball team’s success, such as the Hart team taking first place in the Foothill league this 2023 season.

This 2023 season has been one of Hart girls volleyball’s most successful seasons, having taken first place in the Foothill league and making it to the quarter finals in division three CIF.

Not only was the team successful, but Dumlao herself beat the setting assist previously held since 2018, with 832 assists in a single season.

“It was really amazing winning the league, especially in our senior year. We put in a lot of hard work and it paid off,” said Dumlao.

Dumlao plans to play collegiate volleyball upon graduating from Hart High, but is currently undecided.

When asked what advice she could give to any new or upcoming volleyball players, Dumlao said, “Learn to be okay with making mistakes- volleyball is a sport where mistakes are constantly happening but you just have to stay positive and learn to move on and focus on what’s next.” 

Dumlao also wanted to let all upcoming volleyball athletes know to appreciate every moment.

“So many of my favorite memories are with my team throughout my years of playing volleyball- never forget to have fun and always stay positive!”