Artist of the Issue: Samuel Kort

Samuel Kort

Samuel Kort, a senior at Hart high school, is a show choir member and is in the advanced mixed group known as Sound Vibes. Kort has been in show choir since his freshman year and has been in Sound Vibes since his sophomore year. Besides doing show choir, Kort also participates in volunteer work at the Canyon Theater Guild in Newhall, which he has been doing since October of 2017. Kort’s cousins, Steven and Jamie, once performed in a show and he was amazed by the performance and all the work that the dancers and singers put into the final production. Kort immediately knew at that moment that he would want to pursue performing arts.

I’m so happy I play a role in the arts because that’s where I feel like I belong.” Kort said.

Aside from performing on stage, he is also involved with the tech side of choir. He works hard to make sure all tasks are completed efficiently and works well with the set. 

“I love working [on] the lighting board, stage crewing, acting, stage managing, choreographing and so much more!” Kort said.

During his junior year, he performed at the Canyon Theater Guild in Newhall. His favorite act he was in was Oliver the Musical. While at Hart, his favorite performance he was in was Seven Deadly Sins which was from his junior year of high school. Kort’s favorite set he was in was Blood by Dear Hunter. 

“Sam is a great performer because he always puts in 100% of his effort, energy and emotion. He has improved so much over the four years as a singer especially!” Sarah Anders, Hart’s show choir director, said.