Taylor Swift brings back 2014 with 1989 Taylors Version and publishes The Eras Tour Movie

9 years later, singer songwriter Taylor Swift reclaims her album 1989. In pursuit of owning all her own music, the most recent rerecording Swift has released is her hit filled pop album 1989. 

With every re-recorded album, Swift also pairs songs from what she calls the “vault”, to release along with the newer version of the album. These are songs that did not make the initial cut for the album when it was first released. It is interesting to see new perspectives from when she was twenty four years old, but this time it is thirty three year old Swift singing. 

Of course not all the songs are going to sound the same, particularly because of how much Swift’s voice has matured over the years. This did lead some fans to dislike parts of the album because they were so used to the original, but I just think it requires a bit of acclimation. 

Out of the vault tracks, my personal favorite is “Say don’t go.” 

From writing all her songs, producing, and performing them, I can see why it is so important to Swift that she owns her music. 

“It’ll feel like regaining a freedom and taking back what’s mine. When I created [these songs], I didn’t know what they would grow up to be. Going back in and knowing that it meant something to people is actually a really beautiful way to celebrate what the fans have done for my music,” Swift said to Billboard. 

Re-recording has been doing wonders for Swift, with the love for her older albums sparking up again, Swift wrapped up her worldwide stadium Eras Tour in the beginning of August, she also recently came out with a movie recording of it on the big screens. 

With her tour being an out of this world success, I think it is so special that those who both were in attendance and not are able to live through the concert. 

As I attended one of Swift’s Los Angeles shows, to then watch the movie a couple months later was so special. Especially seeing the show from a different perspective, all the little details that are harder to catch in a large stadium are all the more highlighted in the movie. From stage effects, dance numbers, and close ups of Swift, the movie was also such a huge success. 

I give 1989 4/5 stars and the Eras Tour Movie 5/5.