Aspiring actors at Hart high school

Gabija Zukauskas and Samuel Kort are part of Theater III’s class of 2024. Both are also a part of Hart’s Show Choir Sound Vibrations, last seen in Hart on Broadway, a beginning of the year performance from Hart’s show choir. Kort is part of the tech crew when not performing. They are very talented high school actors and bring the characters they play to life when on stage.

Zukauskas started performing at the age of seven and has kept it up for ten years. Kort started at the age of 13 and has been performing in show choir for four years. Both have a vast amount of experience when it comes to being on stage.

Zukauskas started theater to prove people who doubted her acting skills wrong, but ended up discovering her hidden passion for theater and wanted to continue. Kort started as a result of watching plays and movies–acting on stage intrigued him.

Kort continues these arts because he enjoys everything: from the process to the end result and  the community he is a part of. Zukauskas also continues because she enjoys it, but she likes getting applause, seeing it as a form of respect because that means people enjoy what she’s doing.

Both participate frequently in vocal and physical warm-ups. They take care of themselves days–and sometimes weeks–before a performance, protecting their body, mind and most importantly, their voice.

Kort and Zukauskas both agree to stay in theater through high school, then try out the film industry. They both enjoy doing something that is live, getting one chance to not mess up, instead of something that is prerecorded with multiple opportunities for failure without consequence.

Both Kort and Zukauskas are outstanding examples of people who are passionate about being on stage and performing. The audience can really tell that Kort and Zukauskas practice and work hard to put on the best performance they can. Their wonderful teacher, Ms. Zakarian, and their previous teacher, Mr. Spradling have been their mentors through thick and thin. Students will be able to see Kort’s tech skills during Hart Theater’s Mamma Mia playing at the Hart Auditorium, with performances Thursday November 16th, Friday November 17th and Saturday November 18th. Tickets are on sale now.