Girls Tennis Served

The girls tennis season at Hart High School has kicked off. As the team goes head-to-head with some tough opponents, they are setting high goals for the season ahead. I had the chance to speak with one of the team captains, Elena Wynn, to gain a better understanding of their early-season progress. 

The first game of the season was against Buckley, and it was a mix of excitement and nerves for the team. Elena shared, “We were very excited but also kind of nervous because it was our first game and a lot of us wanted to make the starting lineup. I think there was a lot of excitement and every teammate really fought on the court that match.” The team gave it their all, and it showed in their performance. They have since played their first league match against Valencia High School, a formidable opponent, Elena mentioned, “Our whole team really wanted to beat Valencia because they’ve always been a good team. Everyone tried their best and although we lost and have some things to work on it was really close, and I think we’re very excited to face them again and have more league matches.”

When asked if she had any advice for her fellow teammates, Elena shared, “My advice would be to have confidence in your hits and skills because that is when we play best. Being competitive while not being hesitant is important.” Confidence is certainly key in any sport, and it’s clear that Elena is a confident and skilled player herself.

With Elena’s leadership and the team’s determination, it’s clear that the Girls Tennis season at Hart is set to be an exciting and successful one. As they continue to work hard and improve their game, there’s no doubt that they will achieve their goals and enjoy every moment of this team experience.