Student Spotlight: Keira Mann

Published with permission from Keira Mann

There are many hobbies students can pick up along their high school journey; however, Keira Mann has a unique one. With a passion for writing music and singing, her aspirations for the future inspire others out there who are trying to dip their feet into the music industry.

The band known as ‘After Night’ is made up of 7 members known as: Keira Mann, Julie Torres, Noah Sandel, Victor Fernandez, Lotus Lucky, Lucas Chrisman and Bianca Maghirang. You can expect music like rock, punk and pop from the young band.

While being a student can be very time-consuming, they still find time to rehearse twice a week for several hours. They do what is convenient for all the members of the band and make sure to not interfere with school. 

Spending so much time with a group of people can be a struggle if personalities clash, but Mann joined the band due to the similarities in their taste in music and hobbies. This was a chance for her to connect with people on a deeper level and create music. 

With their intentions of creating things they are passionate about, Mann is in love with the music that they create and enjoys the process.

“We aren’t trying to play something that sells, we try to play something that means something to us,” Mann said.  

In the future, they look forward to creating more music and seeing where it takes them. 

After many trials and tribulations, Mann has found that music is an excellent way to express herself to the world. She heavily recommends others to pursue what they love, especially those who are looking to enter the music industry. 

“Anyone that wants to start music, just pick up an instrument, pick up a pen and just start writing and start playing and stick to it,” said Mann. 

It is as simple as starting and falling in love with the journey.

Mann is consistently working on her craft and has recently helped write a song called ‘Therapy’ with an artist called ‘Small Box’ that will be coming out in a few weeks. 

For aspiring artists who are looking to enter the music industry, Mann is a great example of just doing it and enjoying the process.