Show Choir is back in season and they are better than ever!

Hart Show Choir is anticipating an action-packed year, as rehearsals begin for their Fall Concert. The performers recently completed a successful competition season last year, with a notable victory by their Advanced Bass Choir, Unleashed: they won every category in their division at John Burroughs High School last April. The four choirs – Hart n’ Soul, Hartbreakers, Unleashed and Sound Vibes – are currently busy rehearsing for their upcoming Fall Concert, Hart on Broadway. The shows on October 20th and 21st will feature songs from beloved musicals and movies. The intermediate mixed choir, Hart N’ Soul, is putting together a set based on Disney’s 2007 film Enchanted. The story follows the main character, Princess Giselle, as she is transported from her colorful and animated fairytale life into the real world in New York city.

Unleashed, the advanced bass choir, will be performing the song “I Don’t Dance” from High School Musical 2. The song portrays a baseball game that turns into a large ensemble dance routine. Hartbreakers, the advanced treble choir, is perfecting a set based on the musical Beetlejuice, which in itself is an adaptation of Tim Burton’s film of the same name. It details the story of Lydia Deetz, who recently moved into a house inhabited by a cast of recently deceased ghosts and a self-centered, mischievous demon named Beetlejuice. 

Finally, the advanced mixed choir Sound Vibes will showcase a set from the musical Kinky Boots. Kinky Boots follows Charlie, a man trying to save his failing family-owned shoe company, as he forms an unlikely partnership with a drag queen named Lola. Hart Show Choir also has two fundraisers coming up: a Super Smash Bros tournament/craft fair event September 6, and a car wash fundraiser September 9. Make sure to check out each fundraiser, and stay tuned for the future shows.