School rivals are forced to co-exist in a recent campus merge

In recent Santa Clarita news, the two oldest schools in the valley have decided to merge their campuses and student bodies for the rest of the 2023-2024 school year. This decision was made by the school board who were presented the opportunity to rent Hart High School out to the hit show Euphoria in exchange for the money needed to give teachers a raise. Hart High School students will continue the rest of the school year as normal, but on a new campus. 

The recent merger has led to tension on campus for the two schools forced into one. Students are conflicted on whether or not to support their own school or the combined mega school. Arts and sports are experiencing the same issue. Hart theater who is in the middle of their production of “Clue” and Canyon theater who are working on their production of “School of Rock” have created a dark murder mystery musical about the pressure of high school and the challenges of being a rich aristocrat have left audiences confused, yet inspired. 

Furthermore, sports have been impacted just as much by the merger. The once rivals are now forced to be teammates. The football team is no longer on a losing streak after they put their differences aside and learned how to play together Remember the Titans style. 

Teachers have also needed to learn to work together. The math department has decided to join forces, and classes. The algebra teachers have even started to finish each others’ sentences after spending a few weeks with one another. 

The only true set back by this merger (besides the plummeting test scores and overall unhappiness from students and staff) is the passing periods. Time given to students to get to and from each class has doubled from seven minutes to 14 minutes. The traffic in the Quad during brunch and lunch has begun to be concerning, so much so that the fire marshall has issued many warnings. So far no warnings have threatened to stop the merger because according to the captain himself

“I can’t keep waiting for season three of Euphoria,” Captain Smith said.