Girls’ Soccer Closing Up Their Undefeated Season

The Hart Girl’s Soccer program has entered into the second half of their 2024 season, and have already made their way to the top of the Foothill League. All three team levels have been successful throughout the season, with varsity at first in Foothill currently holding a 6-0-1 record, and levels JV and Freshman following closely behind with strong records.

The varsity girl’s currently have four games left in their regular season, after taking a win against Golden Valley on January 18. 

With the current record of the girl’s team, they’re on the track to head into the postseason and follow in the footsteps of the previous 2023 team, which won a trifecta of champions of the Foothill League, state champions and CIF DII champions.

“Our team has been working really hard at practice, preparing for the rest of the season and postseason,” said varsity center back Riley Edemann.

The team will also soon play a rematch against Saugus, after they recently tied with the team during the first half of their season. The girls will go up against Saugus January 23 at Saugus. 

The girls have displayed strong connection and skill throughout their season so far, and have proven themselves as the strongest competitor in the Foothill League. 

“I feel like what sets our team apart from the rest is how close we are- one of the main things we work on is the chemistry on and off the field and that is what I think brings the outcome for us,” Riley Edemann said.

With only a few games left for the Hart Indians, there’s no doubt the team will leave their mark on the 2024 soccer season.