A Warm Welcome to Coach Goose

Give a warm welcome to Hart High School’s new football coach, Jake Goossen-Brown. 

This isn’t his first rodeo: Coach Goossen has several years of personal experience playing football under his belt.

Goossen played for Notre Dame High School all 4 years he attended there. He’s been coaching since he was 18 years old, making his first season at Hart High school his 19th season of coaching.

He got into coaching high school football through one of his high school coaches. When the opportunity arose for him to coach at Hart High School, he felt had to take it.

“It is one of the most historically-good football schools in the district,” Coach Goossen said.

As Hart Football enters its next season, Coach Goossen wants to see all the hard work the players have been putting into perfecting their craft. 

“I hear a lot of good things about Coach Goossen. I haven’t really been around him much, but after talking to him, I think he’s a really cool guy and knows what he’s talking about. I think he is going to get us to the best point we can be at. Hopefully with Coach Goossen’s help, we will be able to surprise everyone around us of how far we can really go. I can’t wait to see how far he will take us,” said junior Zachary Saldivar.

Goossen plans to unite the team even more than they currently are to be as competitive as possible this season and bring home the gold.