MLB Controversy: Ohtani High Salary

Star pitcher and former American league MVP, Shohei Ohtani, has signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers for 10 years and 700 million dollars. By far, this contract has been the biggest of any Dodger offer which no doubt will bring much more attention and fans to Dodger Stadium. However, this new signing sparks controversy with future ticket prices rising and the value and demands for seats rising through the roof. 

Of course, with such a big contract to fulfill, there is no doubt that the Dodger Organization will have to increase ticket sale prices in order to accommodate this star player. 

Tickets for MLB games are already expensive as it is, let alone the competition to purchase a seat is very fast paced, but with the new star, more and more fans will be looking to purchase tickets in order to see this once in a lifetime player. Dodgers also recently signed Yoshinobu Yamamoto for 12 years 325 million, and Teoscar Hernandez signing a one year $23 million contract. Clearly, with new players, fans of the team are eager to purchase tickets to see these players live. 

It’s evident that Ohtani is a major excitement for fans, including myself- there’s nothing more enjoyable than seeing your favorite player in person let alone one of the greatest. Even though tickets will be through the roof, I believe that with great new signings like Shohei Ohtani, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, and Teoscar Hernandez, this next season could be the best one yet, especially the most entertaining.