Anime is more than its fanbase

A popular opinion that goes around is whether or not anime is overrated. I personally like to watch anime as it takes some time out of my day to do something whenever I am bored or have nothing else to do. Watching anime can also expose you to different perspectives and worldviews

Anime shows often explore complex themes such as love, friendship, morality and identity, which can challenge your own beliefs and values. It brings people together and has them share passions to show together to form stronger or more relationships between people. The reason people say that anime is overrated is mainly because people think it’s for children to watch.

While the way anime makes people feel isn’t  completely positive due to the fact that researchers have found that young people who identify as anime fans have an increased risk of mental health concerns, it isn’t all negative.

The stories in anime offer a sense of relatability, helping viewers to feel less alone in their struggles. Anime has also been known to promote mindfulness and relaxation. Many anime shows are set in beautiful, serene landscapes and feature calming music and themes that can help to reduce stress and anxiety.

Every single year, there is a group of people who come together and vote on which anime they like the best in many different categories, which is called the “Anime of the Year” votes. There is a high bit of controversy due to people thinking it’s all childish and that the voting has terrible fanbases. 

I personally feel like people don’t vote truthfully and they just vote for one that they love because of one special character like Gojo. The terrible fan bases on shows like Demon Slayer are what ruins the shows. Most people start to hate shows due to the fanbase which I think is wrong. Anime is so much more than the fanbase and should not be put down because of it.