Manager Scooter Braun has been Fired

Big shot music manager Scott “Scooter” Braun has a reputation of having a star studded A-list clientele. He has represented big names such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, J Balvin, Demi Lovato and Idina Menzel. Justin Bieber was reportedly the first to fire Scooter. After many years of partnership, as Bieber is currently undergoing recordings for his new album, it has been pretty quiet from Braun’s perspective. And being a talent mogul, you would think he would be all over the singer of hit song “Baby’s” making of new music. 

It seems as though Braun’s company, SB Projects, has artists dropping like flies. Speculation among the public and media only grew as Ariana Grande and Demi Lovato began parting ways with him, only days after prior reports of Justin Bieber. All these high profile celebrities dropping Braun simultaneously seems something so far from a coincidence. 

There has been no official statement from Braun, other than a tweet on the morning of August 22nd 

“Breaking news… I’m no longer managing myself,” Braun said.

Also, there has not been so much as a whisper revealing the exact reason why Braun is being left in the dust. This situation is not making Braun look very credible, with the public already being skeptical of his motives after the events regarding singer songwriter Taylor Swift in 2019. Braun had purchased ownership of Swift’s first six records. A year later, selling them to the fund Swift explicitly did not want her music to be sold to. The deal allegedly happened under wraps and behind her back as well. 

It has been theorized that Braun is simply attempting to remove himself from managing altogether, and slowly working his way towards placing his focus on HYBE America, an entertainment company. So far though, there is no exact confirmation on the happenings regarding Braun and his management treks.