Swifties of Hart

Hart High School students sing their praises for Taylor Swift as she wrapped up the North America leg of her Eras Tour August 8, 2023. Swifties traveled from all over the world, with Swift completely packing out the 70,000 seat Sofi Stadium five nights in a week. Our very own Hart students were in attendance as well. Swift’s demographic is truly the most versatile, from toddlers to grandparents and on campus from freshman to seniors. 

The concert seemed like a night where everyone was having the time of their lives, including Hart’s very own Indians. 

“The Eras tour was truly an amazing experience! I went with my best friends before they left for college and we had so much fun. Everything about it was great. The atmosphere, vibe, energy and people were so sweet and kind! I had a blast and love Taylor Swift so much,” said Tribe Leader and senior Sophia Willis.

A security guard from the Sofi Stadium has even stated that Swift’s fans are the most respectful crowd he has ever come across. 

“Barely anyone is drunk because they all want to witness Taylor perform! Only one arrest happened out of the entire night,” the security guard said.

“At the concert I attended, Taylor announced the re-recording of her album 1989. There was a lot of speculation that she was going to announce it that night, and before she even properly announced it, the stadium was practically shaking by how loud people were cheering. Everybody knew it was coming, and it was so awesome to see all her fans get so excited and scream so loud you couldn’t even hear yourself speak. It was such an unforgettable experience!” said Kamila Favela, senior at Hart.

I attended Taylor’s August 5th show as well, and coming back to school following Taylor Swift gracing Los Angeles with her presence was so fun to see. Everyone was wearing their merch and friendship bracelets. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. During the weeks leading up to the highly anticipated night itself, so much preparation was put into Swifties getting themselves ready. From finding the perfect glittery outfit, to crafting friendship bracelets, and bedazzling cowboy boots, Swift curated a striking three hour concert where it was pleasant to witness Hart “staying classy” as well!