Getting to know James Webb, Hart District Board member

Image from hartdistrict.org

Image from hartdistrict.org

James Webb, a Hart District Board member, was elected in 2020 and has made remarkable progress as a board member. When asked what his greatest accomplishment has been so far he spoke about his first ever Pride resolution which highlighted the accomplishments of LGBTQ+ students across the district for the first time. 

Since the first Pride resolution that I presented in 2021, we have adopted subsequent resolutions that do recognize June for Pride.” Said Webb. 

Webbs goal as a member of the board doesn’t stop there. He hopes to make each school and facility an inclusive and welcoming space for all students and faculty in the Hart District. “My ultimate goal is to ensure that our schools and facilities are inclusive of everyone and that we, as a board, model that same commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.” Webbs said. 

Being involved in the district was an important reason for his decision to run for school board.  For over 20 years, he taught at both Saugus and West Ranch high school which is why having opportunities to visit school campuses is his favorite part about being a board member. Webb’s family has been a part of Hart District for a long time. Webbs husband is a teacher in the district as well as their two sons who have attended schools in the district. 

Webb’s goal is to make sure everyone in the district has a chance to voice their opinions and to be heard by the board. “I always wanted to ensure that all students have a voice at the table and that we must always strive to reduce barriers in education for students.”

Even though there are many different and contradicting views on the board, Webb’s experience as a teacher as well as his perspective brings a new and refreshing point of view to the Hart District School board.