Hart welcomes Ms. Byrne

Photo from harthighschool.org

Photo from harthighschool.org

Hart welcomed new English teacher Dayara Byrne. Byrne received her education from Valley Community College, Mount Saint Mary’s University and California State University, Northridge. She then went on to teach at Polytechnic Math, Science and Technology Magnet High School in Sun Valley. Aside from teaching, Byrne enjoys going to Dodger games, watching TV, reading, hiking and camping. Most of all, Byrne loves spending time with family.

I became an English teacher because I have always wanted to pay forward all the wonderful things my teachers did for me

— Ms. Byrne

Arriving at Hart mid-year, Byrne said staff, students and teachers have been nothing but welcoming. She is taking her transition into Hart one day at a time. As the year progresses, Byrne hopes to continue integrating herself into the Hart community so she can better help her students.

“I became an English teacher because I have always wanted to pay forward all the wonderful things my teachers did for me,” said Byrne. 

In high school, Byrne favored her English teachers. Not only did Byrne love to read and write, but her English teachers helped her in ways that exceeded the classroom. Byrne would like to support her students as her teachers once did. She encourages kids to speak up and ask for help when they are in need. 

“These last few years have been rough and I would not have gotten through them without the love and support of my family and friends. It is important to know that you do not have to walk through anything alone. Talk to someone about how you are feeling and let someone help you,” Byrne said. 

Byrne is grateful to continue her teaching career at Hart and can be found in room E4. She teaches ninth-grade Achieve and twelfth-grade ERWC classes.