Show Choir begans their competition season

Grace Dormans, Staff Writer

Since early on in the school year, show choir groups have been piecing together their competition sets. Choreography, vocals, acapellas, solos and so much more have gone into these sets and groups are beginning to revive payoff.
The first competition was Chaparral. The group Sound Vibes was the only to compete. The double A mixed choir placed third.
The second competition was Burbank Blast at Burbank High School. All four groups, with the exception of the novice girls group, Sweetharts, performed. The two higher leveled groups, Sound Vibes and Hartbreakers both placed third in their divisions. The all boys group, Unleashed, also placed third. The intermediate mixed group, Hart n’ Soul, came in fourth.
The choirs’ third competition was at Los Alamitos High School. In their own divisions, the groups competed for first place as well as the titles of best performer, best showmanship, and best musicianship. On the first day, the all girl groups Sweetharts and Hartbreakers competed. Sweetharts placed in second, and Hartbreakers in fourth. On the second day, Hart n’ Soul placed second, and also won best showmanship. On the same day, Unleashed placed in first. The group also won the titles of best showmanship, best musicianship, best show design and best costumes. Sound Vibes came in third, and with one more competition coming soon, all the groups are continuously preparing.