Winter Guard

Eileen Chen, Centerproud Editor

The Hart Winter Guard is the second semester continuation of the Hart Regiment colorguard. Unlike first semester marching band, winter guard performs without the band and has their own unique show separate from marching band. Their show, titled “A Descending Staircase”, consists of twenty-one performers and is directed by guard director Anthony Garcia.

Hart Winter Guard scored first in their division at the February 9 Winter Guard International Riverside Regional and were named the 2019 Winter Guard International Scholastic A Regional Champions. The winter guard received a score of 72.650 during the preliminary round, later going on to receive a winning score of 73.810 in finals.

Hart Winter Guard again scored first place in their division at the February 23 Winter Guard International Rancho Cucamonga Regional, receiving a score of 81.72. The winter guard performed in the March 2 Signature Show at Monrovia High School, again placing first in their division with a score of 81.85.

Hart Winter Guard continued on to compete in the March 23  Las Vegas Winter Colorguard Championship at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, Nevada. The winter guard performed in three separate rounds – preliminaries, semi-finals, then finals. Hart Winter Guard placed fourth out of forty competitors, receiving a score of 87 in the final round.