Spring sports hope to have a promising season

Kyle Brill, Staff Writer

Semester one has ended, and after a long winter break, winter sports are coming to an end. Baseball, boys golf, lacrosse, softball, swimming and diving, boys tennis, track and field, and boys volleyball are all beginning.
Last season, boys tennis had a record of 7-2, higher than most other sports teams’ records. Boys and girls swimming came through too, with girls winning league, and boys coming in 3rd. As for track and field, they do not know their record but seem optimistic.
“We did not have a great season last year but this could be the year to change,” said junior Chris Keuchguerian.
As for boys volleyball, they were “not exactly league champions last year, but have a great possibility of it this year,” said Sophomore Adam Aina.
As most spring teams are preparing for the season to come, one sport is preparing to say goodbye. Mr Neale has been the head swim coach for nearly 50 years, and this year he is retiring.
The entirety of the swim team is really moved by this, and sad this will be the last season with him.
“I am excited for this season and ready to swim fast for Mr. Neale,” said sophomore Jacob Gragas.
As the preseason continues it will be interesting to see how each of these teams perform and represent our school in league. Hart High School has a reputation for excellence in sports, leading to a lot of fans to expect that the teams should be performing better than the others in the league, and in the area.
With Spring sports containing more sports than the winter and fall season, well see a great variety and athletes and many opportunities for people to take part in. The best part is, we can all watch these great teams battle it out to see who gets the title.