Boku no Hero Academia smashes its way to the top

Boku no Hero Academia season 2 poster

Boku no Hero Academia season 2 poster

Mai Chiamthamachinda, Backpage Editor

Boku no Hero Academia, also know as My Hero Academia, is a manga adapted shounen anime released by Bones studio on April 3, 2016. The anime follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, also known as Deku, which refers to someone who cannot achieve or do anything correctly.

The story takes place in Masutafu, Japan, a supernatural city where most of the people living there obtain a special heroic ability, also known as a “quirk”. Deku, however, is born quirkless. As a result, Deku is unable to pursue his dreams of being an amazing hero like All Might. A miracle occurs when Deku is suddenly attacked by a fleeing Sludge Villain. He is soon rescued by All Might, Japan’s number hero.

After seeing how much effort Deku puts into trying to become a hero, All Might decides to take Deku under his wing. Together they relentlessly train for an upcoming exam that would guarantee his acceptance to U.A., a famous superhero academy. Although Deku becomes extremely talented, tactical, and strong from his training, he is still weak compared to all his opponents that have quirks.

As a result, All Might reveals to Deku that his quirk was actually given to him by his predecessor and wasn’t biological like everyone had thought. And since All Might believed in Deku’s efforts and abilities, he decided to pass his quirk to Deku with a single strand of hair.

Throughout the anime Deku learns to adapt to his powers and discover his own ways of controlling them without copying All Might. He learns to carve his own future and grows to become one of the best heroes ever. Along his journey, Deku is reunited with Katsuki Bakugo, a hot headed elementary school acquaintance, who soon becomes his number one rival. At U.A., Deku also meets Ochaco Uraraka, a love interest who has the ability to levitate items and control gravity, Tenya Iida, the smart class president who has the power to run incredibly fast due to the engines attached to his calf, and Shoto Todoroki, the strongest student in class 1-A who has a painful past and also the ability to produce and control both ice and fire.

Out of all the animes I’ve watched, Boku no Hero Academia exceeded all of my expectations. I really admired and enjoyed the storyline along with all the character developments presented in each arc. The art was absolutely beautiful and drawn to perfection.I would also like to say bravo to all the Japanese voice actors in this masterpiece, the expressions and emotions expressed in every episode was superb. I felt many emotions while watching this anime. One of my absolute favorite aspects of the anime was its extraordinary soundtrack. The songs were performed by spectacular singers, each being catchy and addictive. I don’t say this about many things, but Boku no Hero Academia was indeed a masterpiece.

Boku no Hero Academia season 2 poster