Letter From the ASB President: Chris Stoker

ASB President Chris Stoker (right) and ASB Vice President Camille Dolphin (left) pose for their campaign picture for the 2020-2021 ASB elections. (published with approval from Chris Stoker)

To my fellow students, 

As your newly elected ASB President, I would like to welcome you all back to another year at Hart! To the freshman, I’m so sorry that your first day was in your bedroom in pajamas, but I cannot wait to meet and get to know you all once we get back on campus. These are truly unprecedented times, but I am going to make it my personal mission to give you all the best year possible under the circumstances. 

Let me tell you all a little about myself in hopes that you may better understand me as a leader. My name is Christopher Michael Stoker. I love music, movies, spikeball and for some odd reason, matchboxes (I couldn’t tell you why). My favorite food is steak and my favorite color is blue. I have been involved in Hart’s ASB since my freshman year and I am also a member of the baseball program. I am proud to call myself a Hart student and I want to make this a year in which all of you can say the same. This school has been a breeding ground for success in both academics and athletics for over 70 years, and we must strive to keep this tradition alive. I believe in each and every one of you!

It is truly my honor to be able to lead the classes of 2021-2024, and you can trust that I will do everything I can to make it an amazing year! My responsibilities will be varied and will cover many facets of school affairs, but my main responsibility will be to try and create a feeling of unity among the Hart Indians during this time of separation. These are truly trying times, and it can be easy to feel alone. My executive board and myself want to spread the message that even though you may feel lonely, you are never alone. If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, we are always here. Take this time of distanced learning to work on bettering yourself; reflect on how you can increase your happiness and improve your mental health. We all have more free time, but it is only what you make of it, so make it great!

As the leader of ASB, I want you all to know that we are ultimately here to help YOU. We are always open to suggestions, and we want to hear from the student body so that we know we are doing our best to represent you all. I want you to feel that your voice is heard; this will ultimately be how we are able to give you the best year possible. 

That’s all I got! I hope that there is a day soon where I can see you all back on campus, but until then try to push through distance learning. Do your best to stay positive and hopeful in these gloomy times; there are brighter days ahead. 

Stay classy,

Chris Stoker