Letter From the President

Marissa Soto, News Editor

Dear Fellow Hart Students,

This is Aaron Rodriguez, and if you’re taking the care and time to read this, you know that the ASB President always writes a message to the student body.  So, it’s time for a check in, and let’s see how everyone is doing. It’s October now, spooky season if you will, and soon Thanksgiving, and the holidays are right around the corner.  It also means deadlines. Seniors! Have you started the horrifying and dreadful college application process? Juniors! Have you started taking any of the rigorous tests like the SAT and ACT to start preparing for college? Sophomores! Have you begun to understand your time deadline?  Realizing that you are almost halfway done with highschool, and that everything will get much faster as time moves forward, to the never ending stress and anxiety that being an upperclassmen will bring upon you?? No? Ok, you’ll probably be fine. Finally, Freshman! Are you enjoying high school? You most likely have it figured it out by now, and if you haven’t, there’s still loads of time, but keep in mind that along with festivities and holidays comes… Finals! Yes, it’s almost that time, and it will sneak up, so make sure that while you enjoy yourself at all the fun school activities, going to the various sports games, and indulge in the years’ festivities, you continue working hard in the classroom and stay on top of things so that you can finish the year out strong! Keep it up Hart!

This next bit goes out to anyone who reads it, whether it be a student or staff member, it’s a message that everyone can stand to hear again.  The year is 2018, and never in the history of the world, has the stress/anxiety level of teenagers ever been at such a monstrous heights. We’ve been reminded while remaining silent in our english classes, been told about it through social media, and probably experienced it firsthand.  We KNOW that it’s happening, and yet people still shy away from it. I want people to share some love this spooky season. So I wish for the student body to continue to aid those who need a pick-me-up. Most people don’t read my section of The Smoke Signal, but for those of you who have made it this far, I want you to be the best version of yourself you can be for others. If anyone can, it’s the students and staff of Hart High School. Stay Classy Hart!

-Aaron Rodriguez