Why Kobe is the G.O.A.T.

Christ Keuchguerian, Staff Writer

Kobe Bryant, a legendary and well respected player by many was drafted into the NBA straight out of Lower Merion High School in  Ardmore, Pennsylvania . Although Bryant  wasn’t the best coming into the NBA, he sure was one of the most hardworking players. To begin on this topic, one can’t forget the fact that Kobe dropped 81 points on January 22nd 2006, against the Toronto Raptors.

Also, Bryant is one of the very few players who have earned Michael Jordan’s respect. Jordan himself called Bryant the only person that can be named better than he. In addition, in March  2010, in a game where Lakers faced Spurs, Matt Barnes fakes a throw straight to Bryant’s face and Bryant didn’t flinch. This was the day where many called Bryant “not human” and this “no flinch” gesture ended up surprising many athletes, including Matt Barnes. One also cannot forget,  Bryant has five titles, including 2008 NBA MVP, 18 time All-Star, 11 time all NBA first team and one of many achievements of Bryant’s is playing for the Lakers for his entire 20 year career, which is really rare for a player.

Bryant had some of the best footwork in the game. His ability to shoot over taller players was unseen, along with his well known shooting complicated shots capability is part of the reason Kobe has been called “The Black Mamba” by millions of people. Bryant had an incredible will to win, as it was shown when he won a championship with a broken finger. In addition,  Phoenix Sun’s biggest nightmare was caused by Kobe in 2010 in the Western Conference Finals. With less than 30 seconds left in a game, Bryant scores a highly contested shot causing the series to continue to game seven. Many other things can be said about Kobe’s remarcable career, but there’s not doubt that he’s the goat.