Dancing with Hart Stars brings in a full audience

Kathryn Supple, Arts & Reviews Editor

Hart dance team performed with faculty and students from Hart and Placerita October 6  in their Annual Dancing with Hart Stars. Members of the dance team chose either a teacher or students from Hart or Placerita and choreographed a dance to perform with them. After watching each group perform, audience members then voted on who they thought did the best.

This year, juniors Melissa Asmar and Hailey Paolillo, accompanied by Placerita faculty member Mrs. Sucheck won first place. Hart principal, Mr. D’Autremont won first runner up and Mrs. Mitchell, math teacher, won second runner up. Asmar and Paolillo choreographed a Lady Gaga themed dance for Mrs. Sucheck, who is the dance teacher at Placerita Jr. High School.

“Dancing with Mrs. Sucheck and Hailey was so much fun. We all worked so well together as a team and it was rewarding to see all of our hard work pay off!” said junior Melissa Asmar.

In addition to working on Dancing with Hart Stars, dance team members have been preparing for their semi-annual co-ed dances, performed at Hart’s winter dance show, Hart of the Holidays. Each member of the dance team is partnered with a male student from Hart.

“Co-ed is a great opportunity for dancers to get to know people from different communities on campus! It’s a lot of fun to come together with boys from all different sports, clubs, and grades and try something new! Even though the dance is structured to be used at our the boys vs girls rally and our spring show, we love performing a holiday version at our December show! Overall, it is such a great experience and one of the dance teams favorite performances throughout the year!” said Sophie Smolsky, senior and one of the co-captains of dance team.