Boys Volleyball

Ruby Duncan, Staff Writer

The Hart boys volleyball team played their first game against Burbank High School February 27, 2018. They won the game in five set, the game was long and tiring. Many of the boys are excited for this year and think they will go far in playoffs.

“I am very hopeful for this upcoming season. We are looking a lot better than previous years and have a good shot at doing some damage in league and maybe even taking first,” said senior co-captain Dylan Lange.

The boys are working hard in practice to be best equipped for their games. So far the team’s record is currently 3-5. Their first league game is Tuesday, March 20, 2018 against West Ranch High School at West Ranch. The boys volleyball team lost their first league game in 3 sets. The first game was close with the score being 24-26. During the first game the boys had less unforced errors and they fought. The second game had a final score of 17-25, and they lost the third set 18-25.

The boy’s volleyball team is losing seven senior boys after this season. These seniors have influenced the team in a positive and uplifting way. Most of them are starters.

“Volleyball has taught me many things like hard work and teamwork,” said senior co-captain Wyatt Bates.

This season the boys on the volleyball team are excited for their upcoming season and believe they have a shot at going far in league and CIF (California Interscholastic Federation).

They have started out to a rough start but we wish them the best of luck as they continue to play in league.