Mr. Turner takes a turn to Placerita Junior High

Mr. John Turner, Assistant Principal

As I sit down to write this I am having difficulties believing that I am actually moving on to a different chapter in my life as the Principal of Placerita Jr. High School. When I arrived in January of 2005 I was a father of children that were in single digits and now, in just a few months, I will be a grandfather of a baby boy. It really is amazing how fast time passes. I take with me so many wonderful memories of all the fantastic accomplishments that I have been honored to be a part of at Hart. The memories of many travels with Hart students all over our country from performing at Disney World with Cheer, walking down Fifth Avenue in New York City with two trophies taller than most Sound Vibes or Hartbreaker performers, watching the incredible Hart Regiment perform at Grand Nationals in Indianapolis, dancing with the amazing Hart Dance team, winning multiple league titles and CIF championships in multiple sports and watching freshman football not allow their opponent to get one first down the entire game. It has also been a wonderful experience to see our Hart students go on to incredible accomplishments after high school and do great things all over the world. It has been an amazing ride to be a part of the most fantastic faculty and staff of any high school on our planet and to work with the best administrative teams over the years. So, as I leave, do not stop being who you are. Continue to reach for the stars, never stop excelling in everything you do, perform with integrity, give hope to others, rise above difficulty to levels that you did not even think were possible, beat cancer, live as if every day were the most important day of your life, be thankfula�� even for little things, hug your friends, don’t sweat the small stuff, take long walks on the beach, remember everything you learned in Algebra, English, U.S. History, and Biology. Follow the examples that have gone before you and become better examples so younger Hart students can look to you in the future. And never forget that it isn’t about you; it is about the impact that you leave on others. Let’s continue to leave the world a better place because Hart students are making a difference everywhere they are present. Always “Keep it Classy” and wherever you go, go with all your Hart.