Football touches down after a rough start

Helen Ku, Copy Editor

The Valencia game October 6 finished with a score 14-42, the Hart Indians went against the Canyon Cowboys at Canyon High School October 13. Shrout completed a 34-yard pass to Daa��Von Jones for a touchdown. The first quarter finished with 7-3, three points scored by a 35-yard kick by Canyon placekicker Logan Yamaoka. During the second quarter, Canyon scored a four-yard touchdown and Hart’s Jones came back with a 25-yard rushing touchdown. Hart senior Ben Rosen ran in a one-yard touchdown to end the second quarter with a score of 21-10.

Ben Rosen scored two three-yard touchdowns during the second half. Hart junior Aaron Rodriguez completed a number of PATs (points after touchdowns) during this game. The Hart-Canyon matchup ended with a score of 35-18.

October 20, Hart Indians went against West Ranch Wildcats at Valencia High School. During the first quarter, senior Ben Rosen scored a five-yard touchdown and Shrout completed a 25-yard pass to Jones for another touchdown. To seal off the first quarter, Rosen ran in a seven-yard touchdown. During the second quarter, senior DJ Palmer caught another touchdown to add onto the leading score. The first half finished with a score of 28-0. During West Ranch and Hart’s dance teams performed. During the third quarter, West Ranch junior Weston Eget threw a 45 yd completed to junior Kuan Glasgow for a touchdown. In the fourth quarter, Shrout threw a 38-yard pass completed to Rosen for a final touchdown. The football game against West Ranch ended with the score of 35-6.

The game against Golden Valley began with Golden Valley scoring a touchdown during the first quarter. Hart ended the first quarter with a score 0-12. Ben Rosen started the second quarter by scoring a touchdown. Hart was rewarded with a PAT scored byAaron Rodriguez. The first half ended with the score of 7-19. During the third quarter, Shrout threw a 57-yard touchdown pass to Palmer. The third quarter ended with a score of 19-14. In the fourth quarter, Shrout threw a 70-yard pass to Palmer. Palmer scored a touchdown. Shrout completed a 70 yd pass completed to DJ Palmer for a touchdown. Daa��Von Jones sealed the game with a 60-yard punt return for a touchdown. The game against Golden Valley ended with a score of 27-34.