Introducing Hart High’s New Principal

Mr. Jason d'Autremont, Principal

Mr. Jason d’Autremont began his teaching career at Hart High School.  After a while, he transitioned into the administrative position and became one of the assistant principals in 2009.  After three years as an AP at Hart, he moved to Canyon High School as an AP and held that position for two years before taking over for Mr. Kuhlman as principal in 2014.  After his six year break from Hart, he is overjoyed to return to his home and finish out the year with our family.  He is scheduled to begin his position on Tuesday, February 20 and wrote a letter to the school as an introduction.

Hart High School, am I glad to be back.  While my time in administration at Canyon High School was good, coming back to the school where I began my teaching and administrative career is truly a blessing.  Oh, did I mention that I was a coach on the 2003 CIF Division II Championship football team as well?  All in all, Hart is a great place to be, you know that and I know that.  We are genuinely ‘Alive With Pride’.  

Therefore, I encourage you to carry that motto out in your daily lives to meet the challenges of the future.  I want you to develop knowledge, critical thinking skills and the character necessary to succeed in our technologically advanced world.  Do those two statements sound familiar?  If not, then I challenge you to reassess where your heart is at.  Those statements makeup our mission statement and as your principal, I will lead our staff to provide you with a consistent learning environment, where we will commit to your families the provision of a quality education to prepare you for life beyond high school, this is where I have set my heart.

I have also set my heart on maintaining our honor and pride in relationships.  I know that our staff will set their hearts on ensuring you are ready for college or a career.  To get you there, we will be effective communicators to and with staff, students and parents.  This is our community and we, together, will make it better.  I have followed my heart back here and I know that, together, Hart will continue to be a great place to grow and learn.

As your new principal, I will push you all to succeed.  Success is measured outside of our community sometimes by wins and losses, sometimes by test scores, or sometimes by the number of ‘likes’ you obtain on social media.  I instead pose a challenge for you to really find the true meaning of what success means from your heart.  You see, I firmly believe that if you follow your heart, you will find success in life.  Whatever you can dream, you can achieve, and we will help you, but it has to come from the h(e)art.